Monday, January 26, 2009

A day in the life...

I wouldnt say that these first five months would be an accurate representation of what my life as a PCV will be. I mean lets face it, I spend at least 5 hours a day sitting. Mostly by myself (feel free to insert aw of sympathy here). Another, at least 3, being confused and the rest sleeping. But, hfaving ordered my seeds and sacks, come march, I can start my tree nursery. Yay! Enough of this sitting around drinking tea, that will surely turn me into a diabetic by age25, kuddi (crap in pulaar). And the good thing is, Ill be at site more often and can fully attack the termites. Ill be like buffy, but with termites. WATCH OUT!

Speaking of the little mutants, apparently, my wall is just not comfortable enough anymore. I came back from our regional strategy meeting to find that they had made their mound through my mosquito net and were now, resting comfortably on my bed. Not cool. And I think the goat that loves my pillow will have something to say about that too.

And its not like im planning to move to the floor either. Its too freakin cold! Thats right, Africa is an artic blast! I came here expecting warm, nope. It reminds me of my decision to go to KY for school. Its the south, its warm year round! ha! Too bad i sleep in fleece and 2 layers of sweats. ugh and im still cold. lame. But being cold here, where its perfectly acceptable to look utterly ridiculous, i made an impulse purchase. A sexy little number that can be best described as flashy, vibrant and bill cosby-esque. I paid about a mille (2 dollars) and when your family tells you you paid to much, you begin to second guess yourself. Or at least most people do. My goalwas to get a hideous sweater and i succeeded :) Go figure, the senegalese, the royalty of ugly attire,had the nerve to criticize me! it must have been bad! Oh well. You can all sleep well knowing that you will be able to call a sweater just like that your own next christmas. Thats right guys, fugu jai christmas, the african version of a good will. The reject american and european clothes. YES! Ill put up a picture when i get on next time, since my camera chord has gone missing, like so many other things in my life. kuudi.

2 comments:

Da Momma said...

I think the Termites ate the camera chord! DAMMIT! That's my new one! Makes your dad laugh everytime he hears me say it oh, and it is......pronounced DA......MMITT! Too funny. Maybe the goat (Greg - named after House) could simply eat the termites....wait....your dad said he is sending you an Aardvark! Apparently, they eat termites. Awwww, he would be sooooo cute.

Da Momma said...

Sira Ba the Termite Slayer! I like that!