Monday, September 8, 2008

First night in Philly

So I arrived in Philadelphia this morning and was completely lost. My luggage is heavy, most people have less (crazy kids, everybody needs a dinosaur shirt!). The good thing is that everyone is around my age, which also tends to be the bad part since for some reason guys can tend to get possessive of girls before they even know your name. Some boy asked my about my Chris and made a bet about how long we'll stay together. Ever since the homeless man I don't really do facial hair. Frankly, I'm afraid facial hair automatically means homeless. So, Chris don't grow a gragg stash/ merkin on your face haha!

Other than him, everyone seems pretty nice. Terrified just like I am of course. But, I did realize one thing that I forgot: a baseball glove. Oh well, that can come whenever or I'll let you guys know if I need you to send one. I'm shaken after tonight. Stupid boys always get to me even when they should be focused on more important things in life. After all, isn't that what the peace corps stands for? I hate him already, I hope he ends up no where near me, knob.


As for my toe, it's a mutant. It is doing better, but wearing heals pushes any type of padding or bandage off of it so everyone can see the mutant tendancies. I'd fit right in at the walmart in Galveston Rachel!!!! Maybe I'll put up pics eventually, but i'm too grossed out right now.

Peace Corps Quote #1: "Oh don't worry, you'll get used to the parasites"

Love you guys, its time for bed but ill write as soon as possible!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Sarah! Sorry your trip isn't going as well as hoped with that nagging boy there. =( I had to LOL because I totally know what a gragg stash AND a merkin are. Ha! Also, I know you won't be there for long, but I was going to recommend maybe making your blog private if you are going to be posting phone numbers. Just in case, ya know? There are some creepy people out there! Good luck on your trip!

Anne said...

Yea for you!!! :) You are going to kick all kinds of ass...stinky, big, small, wide and crusty...hahaha!! LOVE..XOXOXO